A much as I love laying out by the pool, drinking pretty margaritas and dancing up a storm, I am most certainly a creature of habit.
First thing’s first, click on the posts below: to read about parts of my unforgettable weekend in Texas:
- Recap: Indian Wedding Extravaganza Part 1
- An Indian Wedding to Rival the Royal Wedding
- Living in a Texas Paradise
- How a Sometimes Healthy/Always Nervous Flyer Preps for Vacay
I’m a “routine girl.” And after a few days of straying from my NY routine, I’m always ready to go back to the daily grind. So by Sunday morning, I was ready to “Get into the groove,” as Madonna says.
Back in the Game
I was very pleased to get into NYC early enough yesterday to ensure I could revert back to my routine this AM. Last night, in honor of Easter and to ensure I would get my week started off right, I prepped my new favorite breakfast: Egg Muffins!
This time I made two different kinds: California-style and Tropical. The California Egg Muffin contained turkey, peppers, mushrooms, spinach and tomatoes. However, I definitely preferred the Tropical Egg Muffins which included mangos, red peppers, cream cheese and raisins. This was a strangely brilliant combination.
So with my breakfast prepped and coffee ready to go for the AM, I was ensured a successful return to the “groove’ right? Wrong! All the Egg Muffins in the world just weren’t enough to motivate me complete my normal Monday AM run. I woke up, walked downstairs and something was calling my name:
Yep, I moved from my bed to the couch and spent another 90 minutes sleeping. Would I have preferred to start my week with a nice jog in Central Park? Yes! Am I going to dwell on my extra 90 minutes of sleep? Nope
Instead, I’ll find ways to turn that Monday Frown Upside Down:
- Carrots n’ Cake, the book, was released early: Tina’s book is now on shelves in the Health section of Barnes and Noble. Congrats Tina!
- Easter Recaps: I don’t celebrate Easter but it sure is fun to read about other Easter traditions. I enjoyed reading about the Two Rounds of Fun that made up Julie’s Easter, as well as her excitement at being able to consume sweets again. Kristin’s Easter recap included mouth-watering dishes, Easter egg baskets, Elmo AND a vodka tasting competition. Finally, Courtney’s recap was just as vibrant and colorful as always, and I loved how her family switched it up with breakfast for dinner. Oh and this isn’t a recap, but everyone should take a look at Jess’ sinful cupcake fondue. It might just be one of her best ideas ever, and clearly this brilliant recipe doesn’t need to be reserved for only Easter. In fact, after viewing this recipe, I think we should create a “Cupcake Fondue” holiday.
- Easter Leftovers: Even though I didn’t partake in any Easter action, I g0t to enjoy some Easter treats provided by my coworkers, including these lovely cupcakes from the always-delish Buttercup Bake Shop:
- Spring Flowers and Other SeasonalGifts: I could talk about the large amount of rain we’ve had here in NYC but instead I’ll focus on the good stuff:
I have a lot of unpacking and wedding recapping to do tonight. Plus, I need to fit in my workout at some point as well (Since I missed it this morning ;-)). Therefore, I’m predicting a Kitchen Sink Salad in my immediate future…Stay tuned.
Enjoy the rest of your Monday!
Are you a routine person? How do you get back to your normal routine after a crazy weekend?