Hope everyone has made it through the cold week without, well, catching a cold!
Is it weird that I spend 90% of my day in a big fluffy hat, scarf and mittens (even when I’m in the house)?
A couple weeks ago, in WIAW, I shared my experience trying a Chia Pod, an on-the-go freshly packaged chia pudding from Australia. I was instantly hooked on the texture, but the lack of flavor left me yearning for more.
So what does an unsatisfied Sometimes Healthy Girl do after a less-than-stellar chia pudding experience? Well, she grabs the chia seed by the horns of course! Once I realized how easy it was to make my own chia seed pudding, I set out to make a pudding that packed a flavor punch.
The result was a creamy pudding swimming with chia seeds, vanilla and a hint of honey. When topped with some fruit and chocolate chips and paired with my typical extra large coffee from DD, it was just the fuel I needed to help power me through a very challenging circuit workout!
But, first the recipe for this oh-so-easy Honey Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding!
- 1 cup unsweetened Vanilla Almond Millk
- 1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- In medium bowl, whisk all ingredients gently, until well-incorporated.
- Let stand for 30 minutes, and then transfer to mason jar. Seal, shake and place in the refrigerator overnight (or 4-5 hours if you don't want to wait!)
- The next day, serve in mason jars, or spoon into bowls, topping with berries or dark chocolate chips.
When I first set out to make this pudding, I was totally confused. “I don’t get it,” I thought. “How does the pudding become thick without gelatin or xanthan gum??” Wellll, it’s because the magical little seeds absorb liquid overnight, until the texture and thickness is the exact consistency of pudding. Continue Reading →